Rearview mirrors are indeed useful. But having to tuck your elbows every time you need to check them can quickly become a hassle. Rare are the bikers who do not act this way or who never had to.
So yes, there is always the solution of purchasing rear-view mirrors with a fastening arm long enough to avoid the problem, but finding a model with a suitable arm length can be difficult, and if you succeed, you may also be disappointed by its design and rendering once installed on your motorcycle.
So, for those who are still looking for the nice "See more than just your elbows" mirrors model, AVDB Moto says STOP ! Do not look for them anymore : we have a simple and easy solution for you !
Why look for new mirrors you will eventually dislike when you only need to add one accessory to give some more offset on the side and keep the nice mirrors you just purchased ?
Well here is this accessory we are talking about ! It is indeed our rear view mirrors extension. This offset part simply comes between your motorcycle's fastening spot and the mirror itself !
Which rearview mirrors models and fastenings types is this extension suitable for ?
In order not to purchase this item and leave it in a drawer somewhere, the following two conditions must be met :
- Your mirrors' arm must have a M10 fastening screw (classic thread in 125) in order to screw in the extension.
- The fastening on your motorcycle must be made with another M10 screw (10 mm external diameter)
So this extension offset will perfectly fit on Naked motorbikes, with the mirrors' fastenings on the handlebars.
- The mirrors arms are usually threaded (male) in M6, M8 or M10. If you mirrors model are in M6, in M10 (or in inverted thread M8), then you will need a M10 adapter with a classic thread.
- The threaded fastening (female) on your handlebars is usually drilled in M6, M8 or M1. If your fastening is drilled in M6 or M8, then you will need a M10 threaded adapter (female).
(Concerning the thread on the fastening, no big importance. Indeed we do not provide hardware along with the offset extension, simply prepare a M10 screw that will go into the adapter you will have installed).
For Sportbikes, Sport Touring or GT (which is to say with mirrors installed on the front fairing fastening holes), it is a bit more complicated except if you are a (very) handyman, or except if you already have the right fastening (which is rare), so the finish rendering can be perfect.
- Fastening screw non included
- In anodised aluminum, different colors available for a maximum of choice (color guaranteed for 6 months)
- Allows a lateral offset for your rearview with a 4,2cm distance (often enough to avoid seeing only your elbows)
- Offset with two fastening spots :
- Mirror-receiving side : drilled and threaded in M10 and 125 normal thread
- Motorcycle-fastening side : drilled in M10 (non threaded, but with a small shoulder to hold the maintaining screw)
In conclusion, a nice looking and useful accessory to FINALLY stop seeing only your elbows in your mirrors, altogether at biker price !
To reassure you :
- You have a doubt ? You need more information about the item ? Do not hesitate to contact us by email, we will answer in English within 24 hours.
- The item is available in stock. Otherwise you can not buy it. We ship the box from France within 24 hours after we receive your order. No taxes to pay at delivery if you live in E-U.
- Free shipping for your order if it is more or equal to 100 €.